Here at Party101 we are all about balloons! That is why we wanted to show you different ways in which you can make your balloons become art! Take a look at our Pinterest board with our favourite tutorials!
Send us pictures of your final results on social media!
Balloon animals-Making a Balloon Dog
Step 1: Inflate the balloon and leave a 3-inch tail.
Step 2: Make three basic twists.
- Hold all of the segments in one hand to prevent them from becoming untwisted, since they have not yet been locked.
- Experiment with different segment lengths for the snout and ear segments. You can also make an extra-long snout and call your balloon animal an anteater.
Step 3: Twist the ear segments together.
Use your free hand to grasp the second and third segments, the ear segments, and twist them together three times. This lock twist will keep them from coming untwisted. Do you see the dog’s head?
Step 4: Make three more basic twists.
- Would you rather have a giraffe than a dog? Make the neck segment extra long; the rest of the body is exactly the same.
- You can make the leg segments long or short, but they should be the same length.
Step 5: Twist the leg segments together.
6. Make three more basic twists.
This time divide the remaining length of the balloon into four equal segments. The first segment is the dog’s body, the second two segments will become the back legs of the dog, and the final segment is the tail. Hold them all in one hand to prevent them from becoming untwisted.
Step 7: Twist the back legs together.
How to make a Balloon Arch
Step 1: Find or create a wire base.
Use wire cutters to cut a long piece of sturdy wire to the length and height you want the arch to be.
- Because wire gets flimsier the longer you cut it, this method is best used for smaller arches.
Step 2 :Anchor the arch.
- Add a thin layer of colored sand or pebbles to your bucket. This will hide the plain sand or pebbles.
- Wrap bricks or cinderblocks in paper that matches your balloons. You can also paint them to match the base of your balloon arch.
Step 3: Blow up four balloons with a balloon pump
- Use a regular pump for this method, not a helium tank.
- You don’t have to use a balloon pump for this, but your lungs may get tired after a while.
Step 4: Tie two balloons together by the tails in a double-knot.
Step 5: Twist the balloon pairs together to make a clover shape.
- Alternatively, you can tie the balloons together in a cross shape with some string.
Step 6: Tie or twist the balloons to your wire.
- You can also secure the balloons to the wire with string or colorful ribbon.
Step 7: Repeat the process to make more rows.
- You can use all the same color or you can alternate colors.
- Stagger the balloons. Let the balloons in row two rest in the cracks between the balloons in row one.
And there you have it! If you want to learn how to make a different type of arch, click here.